Frequently Asked Questions
What is Trusted Choice®?
- Trusted Choice® is the national brand created exclusively for members of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, to help consumers understand the value of an independent insurance agent
- This is a brand that is designed to highlight the strengths of independent agents - choice, customization and advocacy
What are the Advantages of Trusted Choice®?
- Using national advertising, public relations, and local agency marketing, we are communicating to consumers that Trusted Choice® is the smart way to buy insurance and financial services.
- As a member of Trusted Choice®, you can use this new consumer-tested name, logo and tagline, as well as professionally produced advertising materials for television, radio, and newspapers.
- Plus, the Trusted Choice® Agency Locator sends qualified leads directly to your desktop.
How Does Trusted Choice® Work?
- Trusted Choice® is dramatically increasing consumer awareness of the benefits independent agents and brokers offer: choice, customization and advocacy—the very benefits our research has shown consumers want most.
- Remember, Trusted Choice® is more than advertising. It is a brand shaped in response to consumer priorities, highlighting the strengths of independent agents and brokers.
- Trusted Choice® is designed to grow as a result of the collective marketing efforts of each and everyone of its members.
What If My Agency Already Has it Own Brand or My Advertising Agency Doesn’t Want to Use the Trusted Choice® Logo?
- Great! Trusted Choice® is not designed to take the place of your own agency branding efforts or advertising but should work in conjunction with it.
- Unlike an association logo, which merely connotes membership in an organization, think of the Trusted Choice® logo as a “seal of approval.”
- Flying the Trusted Choice® logo positions you as a premiere agent and conveys a level of integrity, trust, and expertise.
What are the Benefits?
- Licensed use of the Trusted Choice® logo
- Qualified leads through the Trusted Choice® Agency Locator
- A Marketing Reimbursement Program
- Access to customizable print ads, mailers, and press releases
- Professionally produced tag-able television and radio spots
- Consumer articles for your websites, newsletters, and mailings
- Optional RSS feed for your website
- Much, much more
Where Can I Find My User ID and Password for the Website?
- Your User ID and Password can be found in your confirmation email that was sent to the principal’s e-mail address upon registration.
- For a copy of your e-mail confirmation, please e-mail TrustedChoice@iiaba.net.
How Can I Add My Agency and Branches to the Trusted Choice Agency Locator?
- To be included in the Agency Locator, Trusted Choice® agencies must complete an Agency Profile with some basic information.
- By doing so, consumers visiting the site can locate an agency by zip code, insurance lines written, company appointments/affiliations, and even languages spoken.
- To create or update a profile, see instructions below:
- Upon completion of your update it takes one business day for the system to update records.
- You will not be listed on the consumer site until one day after you have successfully completed your profile update.
As a member of NHAIA, you are automatically a Trusted Choice® agency!
Therefore, you are eligible to use the Trusted Choice® logos.
Logo Use Guide
Trusted Choice® Pledge of Performance
Trusted Choice® agencies are insurance and financial services firms whose access to multiple companies and commitment to quality service enable us to offer our clients competitive pricing, broad choice of products and unparalleled advocacy.
As a Trusted Choice® agency, we are dedicated to you and are committed to treating you as a person, not a policy.
This commitment means we shall:
- Work with you to identify the insurance and financial services that are right for you, your family or your business and use our access to multiple companies to deliver those products.
- Guide you through the claims process for a prompt and fair resolution of your claim.
- Help you solve problems related to your coverage or account.
- Explain the coverages and options available to you through our agency, at your request.
- Return your phone calls and e-mails promptly and respond to your requests in a timely manner.
- Provide 24/7 services for our customers, offering any or all of the following: emergency phone numbers, Internet account access, e-mail and call center services.
Use our experience and multiple company relationships to customize your coverage as needed.
Commit our staff to continuing education so they may be more knowledgeable in serving you.
Treat you with respect and courtesy.
Conduct our business in an ethical manner.
We pledge this to you, our clients and ask that you let us know if we fail to meet our commitment,
so we may take corrective action.
There are several branding tools you have access to at no additional charge and they are all customizable for your agency. Please see examples and instructions below.
In order to deliver the Trusted Choice® branding experience, Trusted Choice® will reimburse a portion of your annual expenses in co-branding materials such as advertising, business cards, letterhead, envelopes, agency signage and logo-wear; and in creating or updating a digital presence to include the Trusted Choice® logo, link to the Trusted Choice® website and Pledge of Perfomance
2014 Marketing Reimbursement Guidelines and Application
- View television Trusted Choice® advertisements
- Listen to radio Trusted Choice® advertisements
- Learn about the Trusted Choice® advertising campaign for NH agents